New Series: Highly Sensitive Persons (HSP) who have experienced Complex Trauma
After my previous interview with Dr. Lourdes Viado, on her podcast Women In-Depth, we realized there was so much more to elaborate on regarding Highly Sensitive Persons (HSPs) with Complex Trauma. We decided to develop a series on discussing various aspects of this topic. Our first episode in the series is out now. We focus on distinguishing Complex Trauma, especially for HSPs. We explore the differences between Complex PTSD and general PTSD. Also included is why diagnosing can be more difficult for HSP folks, especially if they have Complex Trauma.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Complex Trauma and Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) (1:34)
- Challenges in recognizing Complex Trauma (3:36)
- Understanding high sensitivity (4:06)
- Challenges and gifts of recognizing complex trauma (4:55)
- What is Complex Trauma? (6:59)
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) Study (10:56)
- What is Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (14:32)
- Vantage sensitivity for HSPs (21:31)
You can listen at the link below. Additionally, you can find the Women In-Depth podcast on iTunes or other podcast streaming services (episode 127).
Keep an eye out for the next episode. We talk about tips for managing the holidays, especially as an HSP with Complex Trauma. Also, please reach out if you have a specific area of interest for us to cover in this series.