Do many of the following resonate with you?
- Overwhelmed by emotions, thoughts, sensations, or memories
- On the outside you have it all together, but on the inside you feel lost and confused
- Feeling broken or damaged
- Often feeling unsafe or in a state of fear
- Have difficulty concentrating and making decisions
- Cannot seem to let go or move on from past experiences
- Disconnected from yourself or others
- Been told you are "too sensitive"
- Super observant of your surroundings and easily startled
- Insightful, intuitive and aware, but stuck
If so, therapy can help
If you have suffered from distressing experiences, ongoing trauma or traumatic events, working together could help you with managing the overwhelming feelings, thoughts and memories associated with these experiences, reduce anxiety, increase your sense of control and find more balance in your life. I work with individual adults who have gone through stressful or traumatic experiences. I provide psychotherapy services, including EMDR, here in Santa Rosa, California. I also often work with Highly Sensitive Persons, both with and without trauma, to support you in better understanding your unique traits, strengths and ways of dealing with challenges.
Places to Get Started
"Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult problems."
I welcome diversity and am inclusive of all cultures, ethnicities, genders, sexualities, abilities, body sizes, religions, and spiritual beliefs.
If you no longer want your past to define your present, contact me today to set up a free, 20 minute consultation to discuss what you are seeking therapy for, ask questions, and see if we are a good fit (one of the most important parts of therapy!).
About Carmen Schmidt Benedetti
Carmen is a psychotherapist for emotionally perceptive, intuitive women in Sonoma County, California. She helps clients heal layers of trauma to feel more centered and grounded in their lives. As an EMDR Certified therapist, she guides adults in reframing their past from an empowered perspective, coming to believe they are 'good enough' and their needs and feelings matter. When not in the office, you will find her in the kitchen baking cookies, on her yoga mat doing a vinyasa flow, or enjoying sunshine with close friends over tea.